So, you’ve just received your new Water To Go bottle…. Now what?
Activate your filter.
It is important to activate your filter before first use. The filter needs to be wet to activate the electrostatic charge in the filter. To activate, simply fill the bottle, replace lid and filter, and turn upside down to fully submerge the filter. After 15 minutes, drain the bottle and you are ready to go.
Tilt the bottle back when you drink so the bottom faces the sky. This will maximize flow rate.
If you detect a leak, the lid probably needs to be tightened a bit. Give it a gentle extra twist.
Here are some common questions and answers about your new Water-to-Go bottle:
What does Water-to-Go filter?
Water-to-Go’s unique 3-in-1 filter offers extreme protection from water-borne illness. The filter removes up to 99.9999% of illness-causing contaminants, including those as small as a virus. The filter eliminates bacteria, parasites (including giardia), viruses (because of their small size, few bottles can remove dangerous viruses like Hepatitis A), chemicals (including PFAS), pesticides, heavy metals (lead, arsenic, chromium) and microplastics. If there is a danger in water that could make you sick, we likely remove it. Water-to-Go has been proven in independent lab tests and by extreme adventurers who trust Water-to-Go on extreme adventures worldwide.
What does 3-in-1 mean?
Water-to-Go uses three types of filtration to protect you. Think of it as a net within a net within a net so almost nothing gets through. The three types of filtration are:
- Mechanical – a very small pore size which stops contaminants passing through;
- Electrical (by a positive charge) which reduces the pore size even further and attracts contaminants like a magnet would, trapping them inside the filter;
- Finally our filters use carbon but instead of using adhesives to glue the carbon particles together (which vastly reduces the carbon’s efficiency) it is contained within the membrane, helping to reduce contaminants while eliminating bad tastes and odors.
How long does the filter last?
50cl/18 oz Bottle
- Filters 130 liters/34 gallons depending on use. (For example, if you are filtering water with heavy silt or sediment, filter life will decrease.)
- Replaces 260 single use plastic bottles
- In general, you can fill up the 18oz/50cl water purifier bottle 3-4 times a day, every day and the filter will last 2 months.
- Filters 200 liters/53 gallons depending on use
- Replaces 400 single use plastic bottles
- In general, you can fill up the 26oz/75cl water purifier bottle 2-3 times a day and the filter will last for 3 months.
As filter life comes to an end, the flow rate of the filter will slow, giving you a signal that it is time for the filter to be replaced. This is more accurate than a set time period, since usage differs.
What is the bottle made of?
Water-to-Go bottles are made of FDA-approved BPA-free plastic. The bottles are reusable and fully recyclable. The filter itself is compostable.
Can the bottles go in the dishwasher?
The 26oz/75cl bottles are dishwasher safe (bottle only – lid is hand wash only). The 18oz/50cl bottle and lid are hand wash only. In all cases, please ensure you remove the filter before cleaning.
Is Water-to-Go new?
Water-to-Go is a ten year old British company. Our core guiding principles are to protect people and the planet. A better bottle for a better world. Water-to-Go was recently introduced to the US and Canada. We have 500,000 happy customers around the globe. The majority of our customers are outdoor adventurers (hikers, campers, backpackers) and travelers concerned about water quality at their destination. Water-to-Go is also popular among cyclists, mountain bikers, and anyone concerned about local tap water quality.